EMTC conducted on 27TH, 28TH and 29TH January, 2016.
Last date for registration was 6TH JANUARY, 2016. Registration Closed
About EMTC – An Introduction
EMTC is the first ever formal trauma course to be instituted in India. Started in 1997 at CMC Vellore, the course is now being conducted at Pushpagiri Medical College Hospital – Thiruvalla in Kerala State, thrice a year.
Based on contemporary concepts of traumatology, EMTC is an indigenous, methodically structured training programme which over three days of intensive training, is designed to provide adequate knowledge and training in prioritization and early management of trauma. It comprises of lectures, scenarios and skill stations concluded by an evaluation process.
The course is conducted by Senior Faculty Members of the Pushpagiri Medical College from the Departments of General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Anaesthesia, Neurosurgery, Radio-Diagnosis and Accident & Emergency Medicine.
The outcome of trauma significantly relies on Management in the early phases of pre-hospital care and in the Emergency Department. Although consultants and trainees of specialties which deal with trauma are well versed with the theory of management, our training curriculum does not provide an opportunity to learn the synchronized and methodical approach to this common presentation at our respective Institution. The Early Management of Trauma Course was conceptualized to address this challenge and has been tailored to keep in mind the resources and requirements of our country.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF EMTC ELIGIBILITY
- Although in principle similar to the EMST and ATLS, the course content has been specifically developed for low-income countries where resources are meagre and the demands are more.
- EMTC is not a provider course. It expects trainees who have successfully completed the program to be proficient in trauma care and to be able to alter the practice of their respective Emergency Departments, in which they work.
- Life-saving interventions are taught in the Anatomy Department on cadavers so that appreciation of the anatomy is ensured.
4. The qualifying grade is 85% individually in theory and practicals which requires focus, thus ensuring proficiency.
5. Interaction between Faculty and Trainees is facilitated through a banquet, which is held on day 1.
EMTC is open to all First Responders of Trauma – doctors and nurses, irrespective of specialty. The number of delegates shall be restricted to 25 on a ‘first-come first-serve’ basis. Spot registration is unavailable. The course is intended to be conducted three times a year.
Watch out for the exact dates of the next course on this website. The fees details are given in the form herein. Download, fill-in all columns of the registration form and send it together with draft/RTGS transfer as soon as possible, to avoid disappointment. Once the application is accepted, the course fees will be non-refundable and if the course is full, your application shall be included in the subsequent course. The Course Manual shall be sent to those accepted for the program, two weeks prior to the course. Delegates are expected to qualify in the Theory and Practical examination securing a minimum of 85% in each, for certification.